Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 5 of Gratitude,,,Community (Little Pink Houses)

I am SO Blessed to live in such a Great little Town and Community! Full of GREAT neighbors, merchants and community activists. But it took me a while to find them all.................

I have lived here in little Historic Snohomish for over 30 years now. Wow! When I first moved here, I lived in the little back Cottage with a roommate, a dear friend from High School. Eventually I married and we stayed in the little house until my oldest Sean was about 3. I didn't know many folks in town other than a few close neighbors, because I commuted to the Seattle area for years working at Nordstrom. Time at home was precious, but I didn't have much time to get to know people. Soon I had another child and I got to know families at the local pre-school, and then grade schools and on and on. Amazing how your kids open the "Social" gates!

Eventually, I left Nordstrom and an Advertising Exec job and started working at Joyworks. I guess that's when I REALLY started to learn and meet so many amazing people in this area. It has just grown exponentially over the last 15 years or so, and I truly cannot imagine living ANY where else. Snohomish has grown,,,,but we have primarily maintained the Historic, quaint, small town feel. With Garden clubs and an Awesome Historical Society, Small unique Shops, and "Little Pink Houses" to peruse in our Historical District!! I'm blessed to live here!!

You won't find THIS house in the Historical District,,,,,But there are lots of fun REAL homes to see!!






I really had fun making this one! I'm not sure if it's going to end up at Joyworks or Bountiful Home for the Trunk Show I'm doing on the 17th........






I had ONE more of these Vintage Italian Christmas Angels........She needed to go front and Center!!


Hope your Monday has been a good one! I both cleaned up Messes and MADE The them!! I hope you take/took the time to Vote, no matter your persuasions! I'm looking forward to the "VOICE" later tonight,,,,it's been my favorite show this fall!

Hugs, Love and a "Little Pink Bus" today!
Shell

1 comment:

  1. Pretty pink houses! I just saw some at Home Goods but yours are much prettier! Blessings, Han

    ReplyDelete

love it if you take a moment to leave a comment!