Friday, January 13, 2012

This friday brought to you by "3M's" and no, were not talking Post-its!

I had a delightful Friday! I spent the day with my wonderful sister-in-law Mary,,,,,,,whom I love to pieces! I may be "beating a dead horse" or redundant when I mention that she's been my sister in law since I was 9! She helps me AT shows, (Ruffles and Rust, ie.) Goes to shows with me, and sometimes, we go Junkin'/Antiquing and Shopping like we did today!

We headed into North Seattle and stopped by "Maxine's" Floral! Ackkk,,,,,,this has been on my "bucket list" of shopping for quite a while.........I didn't take photos inside,,,,,,,because Maxine was SO busy with orders we only had a brief chat and I'd never take pics without permission. I wanted to MOVE IN! Her store contains everything I love!  Whimsey, fantastic Color,,,,,flowers-real and spectacular paper/birds and bling! Here's a quick shot of the exterior
My photo doesn't do it justice, but if YOU saw this on the OUTSIDE,,,,,wouldn't you want to go INSIDE??? And trust me, it just gets better!
Sis in law Mary and I did some junking,,,,,,,and I'll share my "finds" in the next couple of days! (I have to get rid of all the Cra*,,,,,,,,err STUFF first on my dining room table to take the pics.) But I did manage to take One final photo today of ...........



One of my "Mannies/heads/dress forms." This one is Marilyn -a partial dress form from the 60's, or 70's. She's "sporting" a crown I made out of some of the "Old Lady Pink" Wallpaper. ....

I hope you had a good week! I'll be at Joyworks tomorrow,,,,,(Clarice and Jana are on a  big buying trip in Atlanta,,,,,,and Penny and I may get some SNOW while they are out of town!)

Don't forget, if you're local, tomorrow is Second Saturdayz at Magnuson Park (Sand Point) in Seattle! Doors open at 8:00am!

I guess that Techinically makes it a 4M's post! Mary/Maxine's/Marilyn and Magnuson Park!

Have a GREAT weekend, whatever you do! And MM,,,,M...MM,,,,,,,mmmmm Love you all and Hugs and a Big Bus on the Cheek!

Shell

(Still sending out Tons of thoughts and prayers for friends and family dealing with health issues,,,,,,,,,,and now, major health issues in my OWN immediate family. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers too! )

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good junkin' day. I have been to Maxine's a couple of times and just love love love her store. Missed you today at 2nd Saturdayz. We had a great show. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Linda, Wasted Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell,
    So much has happened to you since I last posted. I am so sorry about the loss of your kitty! That is the worst. I could not cope well with the loss of one of the fuzzybutts, that's for sure! I am so glad you had a fun day with your sil and loved your creations and your giveaway. Lucky Karla. That's an interesting random generator you found! Must check that out some day.
    I am missing my blog time. We are in SD at the memorial service of a good friend. Just want to go home and have life be normal but I think I am going to have to live with wonky for awhile!
    A big hug and a wonky buss on the cheek to you, dear Shell!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No Shell say it ain't so... I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your fur baby. They really are like our own children. Wish I was their to give you a big old hug!!!

    Maxine's looks like a fab place to shop!!
    Love your paper crowns!!!
    ((HUGS)) Lynn

    ReplyDelete

love it if you take a moment to leave a comment!