Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fun, Easy Valentine's Quick, "How To"

Sometime around 4:00am, I started thinking about making these Valentines out of doilies,,,,,isn't it weird when you get ideas in the middle of the night out of,,,nowhere? Anyway, will having my morning coffee, several hours later, mind you,,,,,,,this is what I'd thought of....


Doillies, ribbon, and a few shells or Buttons.....
These "Open" at the top between the ribbons, so you can put a piece of Candy or a little somethin' inside.....



Just glue(gun) two doillies together leaving the area I marked Open
(I did one side, then the other, so I could line the doillies up evenly.)
Then add your trims......
I used narrow seem binding on these.


I stamped my top one with some script before gluing together,,,,but you could leave plain, add a sticker, etc.
The doillies I used are smaller ones, about 4" but you could use the larger ones too.
I might try tea staining some of these before assembling.


If you make some, send me a link or photo, I'd love to see your versions!

(It's a "Helen Day" for me, we haven't been out since the Snowstorm,,,,,,92yo bones and Snow do NOT mix! So,,,,,Groceries, Pharm, Bank and a lunch somewhere!)

Have a great day!

Hugs, Love and a "hearty" Bus on the Cheek!
Shell


4 comments:

  1. Each one of your clever hearts is wonderful. The doilies, the wallpaper, millinary, ribbons, shells, stamped script and glitter all add to the preciousness of the heart. Blissful Creating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm so happy you stopped by my blog and told me about these cute Valentines. I think I'm going to make some for my Girl Scouts since we have a meeting on Valentine's Day and I've been trying to think of something cute to bring them. Thanks!

    I have to tell you I just finished reading your whole blog, Willowbrook Lane. I loved it. It made me laugh and it made me cry and it made me see we have a lot in common :)

    I come from a family of 5. I'm the youngest and also had an "older" mom in her 40's as I was young and going to school. I too had to bring those liverwurst sandwiches to school and wanted to hide under a rock because of it. However, I look back on those memories and crack up.

    I was left to wonder what happened to your son. I pray he is ok. My nephew, who is like a son to me, also found his way to drugs so I fully understand what you went through (and hopefully are no longer). He did clean up though he has had severl slip ups. Most of the time he is doing good though and now has a job at (get this) Nordstroms in Costa Mesa! He has a little girl who is in my girl scout troop and the reason I'm a leader.

    So, I have now become addicted to your blog and am going back to the very start to read every post. Guess I'm like a stalker LOL

    Big hugs to you
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the best crafting is done in the middle of the night!! Love your latest little creations!!
    Great photos too--
    Xo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little Valentines! You come up with the best projects!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete

love it if you take a moment to leave a comment!