Tuesday, October 23, 2012

By Request,,,,White Chicken Chili ( and how can something so good, hurt so BAD?)


So, Yesterday? I was thinkin' it was White Chicken Chili time again! And ironically,  my Blogfriend Donna from Brynwood Needleworks posted a recipe  she received from a friend,that sounds absolutely divine!! (With creme and sour creme and cheddar cheese) Yeah well I could pretty much just eat those 3 ingredients and be in heaven already!)  And I'd love to try it,,,but being my waistline is already large enough,,,for now I think I'll stick to mine!

But first off? I proceeded to burn myself while cooking the onions and peppers and then ya know those $30 can openers you buy at some Pampered Chef party, because you felt  like you had to buy something??? Well,,,,yeah, not working so good. Okay, not at ALL! SO?

I pulled out the old one that I think I've had since I gave birth to my first child, (Which was the START of the demise to my waistline,,,but I'll save that for another day) and that darn thing nearly broke my wrist!! So much for "Pinning" anything tonite because it still hurts like the Dickens!! (Who IS Dickens anyway,,,,,,,)



So,, Now that I've shared my pain,,,,Here's the darn White Chicken Chili, which I've posted the last two Autumn's  But it is great for this time of year!,,,,,,the recipe is EASY, as long as you keep your fingers away from hot surfaces and have a good can opener,,,,,I'm just sayin.......



Stuff you'll need,,,,

Appx 6 cups of cooked Chicken ( I buy a deli chicken pre cooked) skinned and diced
One large Onion Chopped
2 Green Peppers, Cubed
Canola Oil
2-4 Garlic cloves,,,minced
One Quart Chicken Broth (I use Organic)
Salt, (I use Sea Salt)
Fresh Ground Pepper OR White Pepper if you already have it
Cumin 1/2 Teaspoon
Ground Clove  1/2 Teaspoon
Chili Powder to Taste,,,I usually use about 1/2 Teaspoon,,but be careful, some of these are a lot more potent than others,,,,but if you like it HOT???.....
One small can MILD Green Chili Peppers (These are NOT hot, just add "Tang"
3 cans GREAT Northern Beans (DO not Drain)
1 Can Garbanzo Beans

Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded*


Take all that stuff and,,,,,,,
Put the chopped onion, green peppers, and garlic in a BIG Soup Pot with a Tablespoon or two of Canola oil, add a pinch of Salt,,,lightly brown....
Then add:
Everything Else Except the Cheese........Simmer for Several hours: Done!

 Easy right? Especially if you didn't have to cook the Chicken,,,I don't think you save any money when you do it yourself,,but YOUR choice!! Sometimes I Splurge and buy Organic Chicken Breasts,,,but it is more work....


You can do one of TWO things with the Cheese,,,add 3 cups shredded right before you serve to a large group,,,,(It makes it really creamy) and you can still add it all even if you are NOT going to eat it all......

But it burns easier when you reheat it with all that Cheese,,,and if you add it "as you eat" you can control the Fat intake.

I've shown it here with a side of Organic Whole grain Corn Chips and Paul Newman's Salsa,,,but you can create a "bigger spread" with Guac, Sour Creme, etc.....This makes about 14 Cups,,,so you can freeze and pull out and enjoy as you'd like!

Bon Appetite!

(I'd forgotten the Mild Chilies when I started making this, so Shell's got a new Can opener now for the Low low price of $6.99)

Happy Tuesday!
Hugs, Love and a "Spicey" Bus!
Shell


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, girlfriend! I can't wait to try it. It's getting cooler here (in the 70s at night. lol) so we're getting into chili weather. I'll let you know when I try it.
    Smooches for the corgi and me.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brrrrrr! 70's?? LOL You'd best turn the heat on GF!! But Hope you Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love white chicken chili! always best the next day : )
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually used one of those darned can openers the other day... i finally did something really dangerous... got a butter knife and pried the top of the can open enough to pour the kidney beans out...(i was making regular chili)... didn't even want to eat any after all the aggravation... had to open 4 cans of tomatoes and beans... lol... i ate some the second day and it was worth the trouble! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sound yum Shell! I have a turkey chilli recipe thats my go to all fall/winter. Its made from ground turkey and is to die for! Thanks so much for sharing! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the recipe,it helps alot! i really love to cook..

    ReplyDelete

love it if you take a moment to leave a comment!