Sunday, March 14, 2010

Still under the weather,,,but worked on some craft projects today

I can't remember the last time I watched,,,or rather listened to so many movies. "My get up and go has got up and went!" This bug makes me tired, and I have a nasty cough/bark, but I can't sleep ALL day! So, I did a bit of crafting for Miss Rhea's Swap. . . Here is a "sneak peak of my swap baskets, too fun to make!

And here's a little mixed media box I finished. "It's a Chick Thing." I love the fuzzy chicks and I even found some this year that were in colors other than yellow~too fun!

I hope you all stay healthy,,,,,,trust me, this bug is NOT fun! I hope you had a great weekend-mine was weird not working this weekend,,,,,,I'm not sick often! And I missed my "regs" and co-workers!!

My son's roomie has his darling gf, Anastasia, visiting from Virginia they are preparing and bringing me dinner! Hope I can taste it!!

Please don't get this bug/flu? It isn't fun!

Hugs,
Shell

P.S.-so just a thought,,,,,,do I "spray" my crafts with Lysol or stick them for a bit in the microwave before I send them?  I'm somewhat joking, but if anyone has any insight/experience with this, let me know!!!

7 comments:

  1. We missed you at work...I hope you feel better soon.
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Shelly,

    I am glad to hear that you are so busy doing what you LOVE! However, being so sick puts a wrench in the works! I had the flu about 4 years ago, being an elementary teacher, and it was the ugliest experience I had had since I was a child! Since then, I get a flu shot every year and no more colds even!

    Have a restful and productive day.

    Many blessings to you! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better! That is the sweetest little chicky box! :) Can't wait to see the rest of your Easter basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, what a sweet box and welcome to the Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group, I am sure you will love it there. Have a wonderful day. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelly, thanks for looking at my blog and my Easter Cones. I had to look up Snohomish to find out where it was, I have a son, daughter-in-law and Granddaugter that live in Pt. Townsend Washington. I've been visting and really love the area. I love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa! So fun to meet you! I really want to plan a trip soon over to the Penninsula,,it's like another world, truly!
    Just like "Snohomish" is just a little Historic town on the river about 45 minutes NE of Seattle.....
    I have a brother over there,,in the "other Port",,,,PA, as they call it or you and I would call it Port Angeles.

    Lets stay in touch and maybe we can connect next time you come to visit,,Maybe YOU come over "here" or I'll come to "PT",,,,what a fun and small world we live in!

    Nice to get to know a bit about you,,,and your family! (I hope you come often,,because of the Grandaughter!)

    Hugs,
    Shell
    (Have the worst bug I've had in a long time,been home for 4 days hacking and tired!)
    Oh,,,by the way, if I didn't mention it, you should check out the little shop in Snohomish that I GENERALLY am working at on weekends,,,it's every girls dream! We've been in biz for just over 30 years,,Clothes/decor/gift/holiday/baby/accessories/vintage,,,,,,Click on
    http://Joyworks-shopgirl.blogspot.com
    (Tell Jana Shell Sent you!)
    I KNOW you will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shell - Yes, I haven't seen my precious 18 month old grandaughter (Lain), since October. It's killing me, so I have to get up that way soon. I totally fell in love with Pt. Townsend - what a sweet little town. I will let you know. I would love to see your shop, I love to check out other great shops.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

love it if you take a moment to leave a comment!